Tuesday, April 14

Blogging

I have been pondering and thinking and pondering some more for the better part of a week now. I think a lot of it has to do with my self-imposed seclusion last week due to the amount of work I needed to complete for yesterday. Let's take a trip together to see how crazy I just might be:

1) Saw Adventureland. It was great. If you haven't seen it, go see it. Right now. I'll wait.....


back? Good! Upon driving home that night, I felt inspired. I wanted to create something similar to the movie -- write a story/novel that people would actually want to read, brainstorm some brilliant life altering new thing, find a deep romantic connection like the characters in the movie -- well that one is a strange version of create, but not far off from how I was feeling. In all, I realized I am looking/craving an outlet for lots of boiling emotions inside me. Still no such luck. No novel. No brilliant idea. No deep romantic love. Which brings me to why I am telling you this dedicated reader, I am going to try much harder to make this blog more creative. Not sure how, but I am going to try.

This brings me to my next point --

2) is a successful blog really about the number of people who read it and then comment on it? I am not too sure what makes a blog successful and what doesn't.

For instance, many blogs fall in to some very rigid categories. There are the blogs where the writers share WAY too much personal information. About sex (normally lack of sex). And orgasms etc etc etc. I dabble in that a tad, but honestly that single post was the only one I had.

Other blogs just seem to post things from other websites. A video they found funny. A news story. Excerpts from blogs about newspaper articles (sooooo guilty of this I am ashamed). And yet people will follow one blog over the other (just some jealously shining through).

But that's it. Sure you get news blogs (Planet Money, Wired) where journalists write small columns daily. But I guess I have yet to be wowed by a blog that truly blows me away. Have you seen any?

Again, I suppose my new goal is to try and be as creative as possible - make this as unique an experience as I can.

3) Is it weird that I have not been obsessing about sex? Now let me clarify this -- by obsessing I mean I am so busy that it isn't my number one concern. Ever. I am not out every Friday looking to hook. This is a stark difference from just a few months ago. But I have definitely seen a sharp decline in the amount of time spent on the subject. But as I have noticed about myself before, this lull comes in waves. Several months not caring. Several months uncontrollable... just been on my mind and I thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment