Thursday, December 18

Fitness

I just want to take a moment and say something positive about the Wii Fit. Being unbelievably lazy this morning, I reset my 8am alarm, for 9am, which I then reset for 9:15. After attempting to get going, including actually leaving bed -- I said screw it, I am not going to the gym this morning, and went back to sleep until 10. This is the very gym membership I bought last night for $49, and promised I would get the most out of.

After my alarm finally woke me up, I headed downstairs and started up the family's Wii Fit. After the set-up I did some yoga and general aerobics. Let me be specific -- I played the Hula Hoop game, knowing from previous experience the intense ab workout that comes with it. I am not joking. Intense ab workout. I then moved to the yoga position. Now for someone who has thought about joining a yoga group (for two reasons: 1) I am not a body builder and like the idea of yoga as an agent for toning muscle groups, and 2) to meet the women who participate in yoga) it was a nice introduction to starting positions and something I will continue to use while I am home. Especially if I am this lazy every morning.

Now off to DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment