Tuesday, December 23

Shame, shame, shame

So in an effort to not only have posts about weed, masturbation, and sex in my first ten posts, my next... let's say... at least 4 posts will not contain such vulgar material and will instead steer towards the true direction of this blog.

I hope millions of Californians are out there questioning their vote on Election Day to ban gay marriage in our state. In an all to predictable move, the "Yes on 8" group has moved to nullify the 18,000 marriages performed during the short time they were legal. It makes me sick. I can't even begin to wonder who thought this was a good idea. If lines weren't drawn in the sand already -- they are now.

The Courage Campaign (if you live in CA and even if you don't and support gay marriage please sign their growing petition) collected and posted a number of pictures to put faces to the people whose rights will be violated should this legal maneuvering succeed. Check it out here.

Also, because he is much more articulate than I am, if you haven't seen John Stewart spar with Mick Huckabee on the Daily Show, check it out here.

[Courage Campaign]

No comments:

Post a Comment