Tuesday, December 16

Joshua Trees

This is going to be a harder task than I thought it would. I have been telling myself for the last few days that I wanted to write something about the types of personalities Joshua trees convey. But now looking back over my pictures, I've realized that many of the best examples of Joshua tree personalities are either not on my camera or occurred later in the afternoon, when I had exhausted my attempts to document every tree in the park. But I will give it the old college try.
This picture occurred early in the day and was taken from the car. Look at how the tree in the foreground seems so regal -- sprouting all those extra branches, laughing at the other trees further from the road. I really don't like the snotty attitude I am getting from the tree, but it's a good example of the diversity. Look at the scrawny tree with no branches in the background just to right, now there is a tree I can relate to :)
And this one. It looks a mommy and a baby Joshua tree. I might stop right here, with my attempts to personify the pictures I have and outsource this to Ben K. He is much better at it than I am. And has some much more inspired pictures. But for one last picture from the day --
Now while it may be hard to see. This is the view to the Northeast from the top of Ryan Mountain. Each one of those small smudges between the base of the mountain and those so climbable rock piles is a Joshua tree. They must love it so much up there in the high desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment