Tuesday, January 20

New Highs

So I TA-ed my first class at USC today. Mind you, this is not the first class I've TA-ed in my life, just at USC. (And with that little tid bit of knowledge, I think anyone with half an interest can now find me in real life, but I guess it's not much worse than Facebook). It was quite the experience because, truth be told, there was nothing super exciting about it.

My lecture went well. The usual number of kids were willing to answer questions. My TA partner was 1000 times better at finding the iris in the microscope than myself. I spent the last half of the lab (approximately 1.5 hrs) starving to death.

The students seem to be the extra studious type. Shockingly many were prepared before class had even started. And to top it off some of them had actually read the lab protocols before coming to class. I was amazed! I guess I really shouldn't be, most of them are pre-professional students: pre-pharmacy, -optometry, etc.

All in all nothing, as normal as a first TA experience can be. I will keep you posted on any future excitement. But don't hold your breath.

1 comment: