Wednesday, February 11

You are NEVER going to believe this

But it is totally a true story.

So today, I am heading out of campus. On my way to my car. As I walk through the middle of campus, I hear from behind me, "Hey. Hey you!" I ignore it. I know who ever it is, is talking to me. But that has got to be one of the most awkward ways to start talking to someone in public. I pretend it's directed towards someone else. There is NO ONE else around me. For what feels like miles.

I keep walking. I hear, "You. You in the black shirt." Shit. Now it's definitely me. I stop. Turn.

A guy is approaching me. In a blue armed forces uniform. He is coming out of the ROTC building, so I assume he is a Navy equivalent of the ROTC.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"I know you. I know you from somewhere. Where do I know you from?" The SECOND most awkward way to start a conversation.

"I don't know, dude. I wish I could help. But unfortunately, I can't say I recognize you." I wish it came out as coherent as that. But of course because I was caught off guard, it probably came out: "What? mumble... not sure... mumble... sorry... I've got to go."

He snaps his fingers. Looks down at the ground. Looks back at my face. Snaps his finger again. "You -- ummm -- YOU write that blog!"
You've got to be shitting me.
"Yea, that blog. What's it called... Grad. Grad school.... GRAD SCHOOL PRISON. I knew it."
This has got to be some type of joke.
"It's a good blog. Keep it up. Later."

He turns. Walks away. I turn back the way I was going -- completely flabbergasted.

Un-fucking-believable.

Hi dude! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! what are the odds? guess you've got a loyal follower there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! Congrats ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. someone is famous.... la la la la.... =D

    *sing it in your favorite tune* *owh, and don't forget to dance along*

    good job!

    ReplyDelete